SEDS: Space Tourism Competition Rules and Guidelines
- Must be registered as a University of Michigan Student
- Must be retuning for Fall 2017 Semester
- Must be a poster or advertisement for a space destination.
- Destination must be a known and real space location or object
- Can be system of locations (i.e. Galaxy or Solar System)
- NASA Sample projects: https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/visions-of-the-future/
- Can include known space-crafts
- No aliens or UFOs (astronauts allowed)
- No collages or compilations – all artwork must be entirely original.
- Digital artwork must be rendered without the direct use of other artist renditions
- Minimal text; should be kept almost entirely visual
- Must be high resolution, either a scan or high quality file export if digital
- Can take inspiration from famous space photography but cannot directly copy
- Multiple submissions allowed per participant*
A SEDS panel will discuss and vote on the submitted works based on:
- Overall quality of the piece
- Meeting of set requirements
- Scientific Accuracy (Rooted more in Science-Fiction than Fantasy)
All entries will be judged anonymously
- Submit your work to email@example.com along with a brief description. Include:
- Contact Information
- Artistic Medium
- Small blurb about the subject
Submissions will not be accepted after 11:59pm on Wednesday April 19th, 2017.
The winners will be announced after the last day of classes, expect results by 11:59pm Saturday April 21st, 2017.
- Three (3) prizes: $75 Amazon Gift Card.
*One participant can only claim one prize.
Any questions or inquiries can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download Art Competition Rules and Guidelines