SEDS: Writing Competition Rules and Guidelines
- Must be registered as a University of Michigan Student
- Must be retuning for Fall 2017 Semester
- Must cover the theme of space exploration
- Standard Page layout
- Times New Roman, Size 12, 1” Margins, and Single Spaced
- 1-page minimum and 3-page maximum length
- Must be a contained plot and story
- Not the start of a series or longer story
- Not borrowing characters from another work
- Cliffhangers, however are…*
- Multiple submissions allowed per participant**
A SEDS panel will discuss and vote on the submitted works based on:
- Overall quality of the piece
- Meeting of set requirements
- Scientific Accuracy (rooted more in Science-Fiction than Fantasy)
All entries will be judged anonymously
- Submit your work to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a brief description. Include:
- Contact Information
- Maximum 5 sentence summary
- Pen name
Submissions will not be accepted after 11:59pm on Wednesday April 19th, 2017.
The winners will be announced after the last day of classes, expect results by 11:59pm Saturday April 21st, 2017.
- Three (3) prizes: $75 Amazon Gift Card.
Any questions or inquiries can be sent to: email@example.com.
**One participant can only claim one prize.
Download Writing Competition Guidelines